Search Teaching Resources
Find ideas and materials to engage your students in learning English
Pedagogical CategoryCategories for practicing teachers such as integrated skills, materials development, reflective teaching, and more.
SkillsBasics such as vocabulary and spelling to more advanced skills like language awareness and critical thinking.
- Other Poems
- Center for Applied Linguistics
- Seismic Sleuths
- Dialogs for Everyday Use
- Word Bricks-Sorting Race
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition
- English Teaching Forum 2014, Volume 52, Number 3
- Shaping the Way We Teach English Webinars
- Trace Effects Teacher's Manual
- Activate Games for Learning American English: Board Games
- Create to Communicate: Art Activities for the EFL Classroom
- Mary and Her Little Lamb
- The Lighter Side of TEFL
- The Red Badge of Courage and Other Stories
Activities and lesson plans for teaching about Listening in the classroom.
Strategy-Building and Meaning-Focused Listening with “The Fall of the House of Usher”
This listening activity is designed to develop students’ listening strategies and also includes meaning-focused aspects. The activity uses an audio clip from “The Fall of the House of Usher,” part of a short story collection called Edgar Allan Poe: Storyteller.
Shaping the Way We Teach English is a teacher-training course consisting of fourteen video-based modules with a supporting training manual and supplementary resources.